Galvanized steel wire is defined as a steel wire that has been coated with zinc to protect it from corrosion called galvanization.
The galvanization process involves applying a zinc layer to the steel wire’s surface, creating a barrier that prevents oxygen and water from reaching the steel, which causes it to rust.
Galvanized steel wire is used in various applications, including construction, fencing, and agriculture.
It is also often used as an electrical conductor because it is less to corrode than other types of wire. Galvanized steel wire is an important material that helps prolong steel products’ life and protect them from the elements.
Applications of Galvanized Wire
There are several different applications for galvanized wire, including
• Fencing and enclosures: Galvanized wire helps construct fence panels and gates. The zinc coating helps to protect the wire from rusting, making it an ideal material for outdoor use.
• Hanging support: Galvanized wire creates various hanging supports, such as clotheslines and curtain rods. The strong and durable nature of the wire makes it ideal for supporting heavy items.
• Securing windows: Galvanized wire can be used in different settings, such as homes, offices, and stores. The wire can be wrapped around the window frame and secured with nails or screws.
• Binding, Tying, and Baling: Galvanized wire rope and galvanized tie wire can be used for various binding, tying, and baling applications. The strong and durable nature of the wire makes it ideal for these purposes.
• Recycling: Galvanized wire can be recycled into new steel products. This recycling process helps to reduce environmental pollution and conserve natural resources.
• Packaging: Galvanized wire is often used in packaging applications because it holds objects securely.
Also, galvanized wire mesh is commonly used in construction and manufacturing as fencing, reinforcement, or protective barrier.
Benefits of Galvanized Wire
There are several benefits of high-tensile galvanized wire, including
• The high tensile strength of the wire makes it ideal for various applications, such as construction, fencing, agriculture, and industrial applications.
• These wires are corrosion-resistant compared to other materials.
• The wire is less likely to corrode than different types of wire, making it an ideal choice for electrical conductor applications.
• The galvanized wire comes in various gauges to suit your specific needs.
• The wire can be recycled into new steel products, helping to reduce environmental pollution and conserve natural resources.
Galvanized Wires at Coastal Wire Co.
High Tensile Galvanized Wire
HTEN 11G: Coastal Wire Company’s high-tensile galvanized wire is perfect for various applications. The 11 gauge wire has a diameter of 0.121 inches and a coil break range of 1781 to 2011. The wire has a tensile strength of 145,000 to 175,000 psi, making it perfect for high-stress applications. The galvanized coating gives the wire excellent corrosion resistance, making it ideal for use in environments where corrosion is a concern.
HTEN 12G: Our HTEN 12G wire is available in gauges 12 Ga. Through rigorous testing, our team of experts has determined that this wire has a coil break range of 1341 to 1515 and a tensile strength of 145,000 to 175,000 psi, making it one of the strongest wires on the market.
At Coastal Wire Co., we galvanize our tying wire products to ensure a long-lasting product. Our galvanized tying wire products are high-strength and provide reliable tying power for your bales. We also anneal our products to ensure they are easy for other applications.
Why choose Galvanized Wire of Coastal Wire Co?
Coastal Wire Co. is the leading manufacturer of high-quality baling wire products. We have been in business for over four decades, and our record for quality speaks for itself, with the lowest wire breakage in the industry and the highest quality among all baling wire manufacturers.
Contact us to learn more about our different wiring products.